[Asterisk-Users] pause after dialed option

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Wed Nov 12 18:36:23 MST 2003

Hi guys
I've set up a layered menu system on one of my asterisk servers where
there is a main menu and several submenus; one for each department.  Each
menu plays a background intro message giving its various options.  My
problem is when I'm in the main menu and press the option to go to one of
the submenus there seems to be a 5-8 second pause before it plays the
background of the submenu.  Is there any way that I can eliminate this
pause?

I do not have the problem if I dial a Zap channel or one of the voicemail
boxes.  It seems to connect to them immediately.
Thanks a bunch.
AJ