[Asterisk-Users] vm email notifications

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Wed Nov 12 18:28:38 MST 2003

On my asterisk server I have placed valid email addresses in the
voicemail.conf file as to allow mailbox users to receive message
notification. My problem is it appears that the messages are attempting to
be sent but instead they are bouncing with a fatal error message like the
one below:

 (reason: 550 [PERMFAIL] yahoo.com requires valid sender)

First of all this is not the whole message but I think the pertinent part
of it.  What's really odd is that I can send mail out fine using pine,
nothing bounces, also on my other asterisk service at another location
this feature works fine.  I use sendmail as my MTA.  Is there anybody who
has had a similar problem or who might be able to give me a suggestion as
to how to correct this problem.  Thanks
AJ