[Asterisk-Users] Zap timeout not occurring

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Wed Nov 12 16:47:24 MST 2003

On Wednesday, November 12, 2003 3:47 PM, Tom Weeks
[SMTP:junk at redrockweb.com] wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I am trying to setup an outbound dial plan which will time out if no
> answer.  Using a X100P with the following dial command :
>

> exten => 101,3,Dial(Zap/1/3036972357,5) ; try the desk line - fail to
> step 104

That is right, it does not time out and never will correctly since the
X100P 'seizes' the line from the phone company immediately upon dialing
so the X100P does not know whether the far end  phone is ringing, is
busy or if someone has answered. I believe it would take getting some
type of digital interface (T1 or ISDN) in order to have far end answer
supervision.

Don Pobanz

> It dials out successfully, but never times out.  I have a basic
Zapata