[Asterisk-Users] TAPI development

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Wed Nov 12 13:00:37 MST 2003

Actually, you may want to make your TSP use the Manager interface.  Not
ALL of the TAPI primitives are supported, but such is the case with most
PBXs.  Better yet, you can alter the PBX source to add additional
events/commands that can be written into your TSP.

If you need the TSP/MSP (or TAPI/WAV) type of functionality, you will
need to look at wrapping AIX, SIP, MGCP, or H323 into an MSP or WAV
device.  AIX would most likely be the easiest.  You would want to
support multiple 3rd party pseudo-UAs on a single PC (i.e. multiple
"virtual" channels).

A closed-source PBX call the "IP Office" offered by Avaya uses TAPI
2.x/3.x to provide 1st and 3rd party control as well as media
interfaces.  I am under NDA so I can't go into detail.  Suffice it to
say that what you want to do can in fact be done, given enough effort.

I have a client that is interested in a TSAPI wrapper for Asterisk.  If
somebody has JTAPI we could have a large portion of the CTI universe
covered.

Regards,

Steven