[Asterisk-Users] TAPI development

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Wed Nov 12 12:23:32 MST 2003

Hi,

Citeren Michael Devenijn <michael.devenijn at dkma.be>:

> Has anyone ever worked opn TAPI stuff to make asterisk work with it ?
>
> I'm a Windoze C++ developer dig'n into asterisk (and linux at the same time)
> since a few months and i'm quite interested in creating a TAPI driver for
> asterisk.
>
> so if anybody did any research in that way please inform me.
>
> Also i've you think it's quite impossible to do it we can discuss our idea's

I guess it would be possible, but it more or less depends on what you'd want
to do with it. Technically you should be able to make a virtual CAPI interface
that links to an asterisk (IAX) account or perhaps simply some XMLRPC server
(as in, VoIP calling from the PC or instructing asterisk to connect the phone
on my desk to a certain number, straight out of outlook or similar)

Although I have briefly looked through TAPI I am not familiar enough with its
capacities. Any kind of useable interface for CTI with asterisk would serve a
great purpose, but would - I expect - be very customer-specific...

--
Best regards,
Florian Overkamp