[Asterisk-Users] IAX needs a zaptel device?

nathan nathan at yorkukhosting.com
Wed Nov 12 07:31:34 MST 2003

Hi All,

I'm currently running Asterisk with SIP phones and an ISDN card using
chan_capi. I've just started to use IAX (GSM codec)over the Internet and
the sound is adequate. However, there is an occasional 'glitch' in the
audio resulting in lost sound or distortion. Is the distortion because
I'm using zaprtc for timing instead of a zaptel card, or is more likely
to be due to lost packets? I guess I'm asking if its worth getting a
X100P for timing?

-Nathan