[Asterisk-Users] OT: Document Control System?

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Tue Nov 11 11:51:36 MST 2003

At 10:28 AM 11/11/2003, you wrote:
>I'm sorry this is somewhat offtopic, but I do plan to use this to help
>me create documentation for the * project.. so I guess it is somewhat on
>topic :)
>
>Anyways, I am looking for some sort of document control system.  It
>should act somewhat like a CVS where it keeps previous versions, allows
>people to submit documentation, keeps track of who has what document
>open etc.. etc..
>
>The documentation also has to be written on a Windows desktop platform..
>preferably would like to somehow use MS Word.
>
>If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  I saw
>some software called Laboratory Document Control System, but I don't
>have $999 for a single user license :) (or any money at all actually)

Check out the site http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk.
If you are looking to create * documentation, I recommend that you get an
account here and starting adding to it. For general purposes, you can find
the TikiWiki site at http://tikiwiki.org/. This particular app provides
security, versioning, submissions, etc.

--Ernest