[Asterisk-Users] Re: Text entry by DTMF

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Tue Nov 11 02:05:39 MST 2003

Eric Wieling wrote:

> You mean something like this:
>
> backup-fs-1*CLI> show application directory
> backup-fs-1*CLI>
>   -= Info about application 'Directory' =-
>
> [Synopsis]:
>   Provide directory of voicemail extensions
>
> [Description]:
>   Directory(context): Presents the user with a directory of extensions from
> which they  may  select  by name. The  list  of  names  and  extensions  is
> discovered from  voicemail.conf. The  context  argument  is  required,  and
> specifies  the  context  in  which to interpret the extensions. Returns 0
> unless the user hangs up. It  also sets up the channel on exit to enter the
> extension the user selected.

Ummm.. kind of.  I mean, it says "Enter the first 3 digits of the
persons last night" and you enter them via the keypad, it then searches
for the names, and says, "Calling <so-and-so>".  I think I've seen this
feature on a phone system I called once, but I can't remember exactly
how it worked.  I'm pretty sure you just entered the persons last name
in by digits.

|Leif Madsen - http://www.hacklocalhost.com|
|    @| leif at hacklocalhost dot com      |
|  SMS| sms at hacklocalhost dot com       |
|  FWD| 18924          IAX| 1700-363-0761  |
|iptel| 8972-1969    sipph| 1-747-386-1618 |