[Asterisk-Users] D-Link modem with *

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Mon Nov 10 22:31:28 MST 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 02:12:07PM +0530, ranga wrote:
> Can we use D-Link external modem with asterisk?

You are a bit vague on the details, so I will be vague on my answer:

maybe not. Modems with linux don't generally do full duplex voice.
Most users use Asterisk with Digium Hardware or other specialized voice hardware.

cheers,
Woody

PS: What do you want to use it for? (Data/Fax/Answering Machine/Voice/Doorstop)?
PPS: What type of D-Link external modem is it and what connections does it have?