[Asterisk-Users] Inter-digit minimum

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 10 14:09:30 MST 2003

> We are having problems with incoming calls on our X100P where callers
> try to dial 10, but the 1 gets detected twice and they end up on
> extension 11.

Since we're on the subject of DTMF, I'd like to ask how to solve "live"
dialpad problems of NON-SIP phones, such as anything hooked up to an FXS
port.  How can I match a pattern like "_9." -- it's simply not possible
because the '.' will take zero or more digits.  The trick of using "_9X."
doesn't work, as that simply matches one or more digits, and the dialplan
matches "95" instead of what I dialled, "95551212".

I tried using DigitTimeout but it didn't work for me...  is there any way to
do random-length matching for inband DTMF?

Regards,
Andrew