[Asterisk-Users] SIP, Sipura SPA-2000, and Voicemail2

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Nov 8 19:27:16 MST 2003

> I figured out what was going on with the lack of/stuck on  stuttered dial
> tone. Apparently, there are two voicemail directories being referenced:
> /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default, and
> /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/local. The sip phones were using
> /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/local to dump VM messages into, yet the MWI
> looks at /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default.
>
> Does anyone know why two different directories are being used?
> The context of the sip phones is not default, it is house-local, and I'm
> curious as to why the 'local' directory is used, and how it is derived from
> the SIP phone context.
>
> I can correct the problem by making a symlink from local to default, but
> this does not appear to be the best way to solve this problem.

Pure guess is something to do with voicemail vs voicemail2. I just swapped
from voicemail to voicemail2 a couple of days ago, and the 'local' directory
on my machine is datestamped from exactly when I did the conversion. (The
only voicemail box within the 'local' directory is for an extension that I
was using for testing during the conversion.  All other extensions reside
in the 'default' directory, and voicemail2 is working fine with 7960's and
a Snom 200.)