[Asterisk-Users] SIP, Sipura SPA-2000, and Voicemail2

Steve Rodgers hwstar at cox.net
Sat Nov 8 18:32:09 MST 2003

I figured out what was going on with the lack of/stuck on  stuttered dial
tone. Apparently, there are two voicemail directories being referenced:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default, and
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/local. The sip phones were using
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/local to dump VM messages into, yet the MWI
looks at /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default.

Does anyone know why two different directories are being used?
The context of the sip phones is not default, it is house-local, and I'm
curious as to why the 'local' directory is used, and how it is derived from
the SIP phone context.

I can correct the problem by making a symlink from local to default, but
this does not appear to be the best way to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Steve.