[Asterisk-Users] Call Rate in CDR

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sat Nov 8 16:15:31 MST 2003

Ryan Tucker wrote:

> Call rating is a relatively complex task, traditionally done by people
> over in the business office.  Stuffing rating code into Asterisk is
> not going to be all that useful for all but the most simple
> applications.  Our billing is complex enough that we outsource it to a
> third-party company, and we only handle tens of thousands of calls per
> month.  -rt

Apparently you haven't figured out the true power of Asterisk, yet.  The
publicly available CDR backends are not dealing with CDRs properly or
completely.

We do an insane amount of traffic and the real-time rating engine I have
created and integrated  into Asterisk doesn't even break a sweat.  It is
all in how you tackle the problem.

Jeremy McNamara