[Asterisk-Users] Call Rate in CDR

Ryan Tucker rtucker at netacc.net
Sat Nov 8 15:54:16 MST 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 15:30:14 -0700, John Brown (CV)
<jmbrown at chagresventures.com> wrote:
> As rates change of the course of a month, it would be nice to
> know what the rate was at the time of the call.
>
> some "detail records" :)

Then tell your billing package that, effective at 5:23pm on October 24,
the price of a call to Zambia went up 2 cents per minute for bronze-pak
customers and 1.25 cents per minute for silver and gold customers.  :-)

Call rating is a relatively complex task, traditionally done by people
over in the business office.  Stuffing rating code into Asterisk is not
going to be all that useful for all but the most simple applications.  Our
billing is complex enough that we outsource it to a third-party company,
and we only handle tens of thousands of calls per month.  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker
Network Engineer