[Asterisk-Users] diax request

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Sat Nov 8 08:25:10 MST 2003

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Pounder" <JonP at inline.net>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 12:30 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] diax request

> First of all great job on diax. I downloaded it and tried it, could not
> connect, got an authentication rejected,but I have not had a chance to
> figure out why yet - tried with a working gnophone setup in the
> configuration files.
Check to see if you have a section like that in iax.conf file

[yourusername]
type=friend
username=yourusername
secret=yourpassword
auth=plaintext
host=dynamic
context=yourcontext
callerid="Your Full Name"<yourextension>

Then you'll be able to register too.

> Is there any way to pass command line arguements to the program ? Where I
> see a real niche for a lightweight softphone is being able to serve the
> thing from a webpage, configured for whatever user is logged into the
> webserver.
>
> eg: I am at someone's office and want to make a call from the pbx, so I
> just login to the webserver and download "my pbx extension"
>
> (download the exe file complete with the configuration information passed
> in the command line to execute it  -or take the config from a remote url)

Not for the moment. For this purpose an ActiveX version will be available
which can be integrated in a Web page,
You can now take the app on a diskette (or flash disk) with you and launch
it from there (just 130KB)

Best regards,
Dan