[Asterisk-Users] IBM to Run VoIP On Linux

Darren Martz dmartz at shelbrook.com
Sat Nov 8 00:50:06 MST 2003

I'm new to Asterisk and I completely agree with Mark. Asterisks is the best
kept secret in telephony. I cannot recall how I originally found Asterisk,
but I do remember spending far too much time surfing before I did.

One place I found seems to mention nearly all products, except Asterisk.
http://www.voiptimes.com/research/products/ivr_systems/

If I'm out of place in the following suggestions, I'm sure others will tell
me <grin>

- Create a "clean" SDK of the wonderful IAX2 protocol for Win32 and Mac to
gain exposure everywhere
- Push, entice, bribe IP phone designers to support the IAX2 protocol based
on the clean and easy to use SDK
- Someone once suggested an Asterisk logo program, excellent idea

My comments are meant in good faith. The effort done here is insanely
great!! It would be a shame to watch this gem get passed over. I'm sure
there is a number of ways Digium can reap the rewards they deserve for
Asterisk.

I'd be willing to assist on an IAX2 sdk for Win32. I think there was a
thread about Java support. Contraversial, but if developers are building
applications in Java, VB, DotNet, then supporting those environment
certainly couldn't hurt the exposure of Asterisk.

Like I said earlier, I'm new to Asterisk, so I don't know the history
developed here. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone.
Maybe we'll see Mark's mug shot on the cover of Wired next year <g>.

Cheers,
Darren