[Asterisk-Users] Re: IAX2 trunking on one side only.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Nov 7 15:41:09 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 16:04, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> >>We have to rename "Zaptel timing" to "Asterisk timer", which is more correct
> >>since there are several ways of getting a timer to work, only one of them
> >>is by using Zaptel cards.
> >>
> >>http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+timer
> >

> > Actually it needs to be zapata timing. The other drivers just make a
> > zapata compatible timing source that asterisk can use.
>
> Is the zapata timer superior to the ztdummy and ztrtc drivers, or are
> they, from an Asterisk point of view, compatible?

>From asterisk point of view they should be equivalent. The point is
these all are a class of drivers providing similar functionality. The
X100P, T100P, T400P, TE410P, S100U and such are zapata devices that
provide timing and channel access. ztdummy and ztrtc don't provide a
full zapata device only because they don't make a telephony interface,
but the implement the timing needed for asterisk.