[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk can't connect voice

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Nov 7 14:03:14 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 14:38, Yelson Vivas wrote:
>  HI Asterisk Gurus
>
> I'm connecting my  * server to a zplex 10B, I'm using a slot on my  TE410P
> card as T1 to connect my server to the channel bank (i use a cross cable),
> the zplex doesn't show any alarm neither the server. I'm trying to make
> calls from (ext 1)  from the channel bank, to other (ext 2) in the same
> channel bank, but when I dial the ext number, the dialtone doesn't stop...
> so i dial the ext 2 and it rings but when i pick up this extension i just
> listen the dialtone.
> If i call from a ext in a (tdm400p card ) to a ext in the channel bank it
> rings the called extension rings but   when i pick up this extension again i
> just listen the dialtone. but the calling ext (on the tdm400p) can heard
> what I'm  talking in the ext connected to the channel bank.
> I don't known what to do, for been able to connect the voice, any idea?
> Could be some parameter in the loopstart ?
>
> Thanks for the answers

First answer is to not repost this message over and over again just
because you haven't received a response. I saw you question on Tuesday,
Wednesday, and now today. Multiple messages actually makes it less
likely anyone will reply to you. Please remember this mailing list is a
volunteer group of supporters mostly. If we choose to help you then
great, but if either someone chooses not to help you, or chooses not to
attempt help because of lack of expertise, then fine as well.

As for your problem. Sounds like you have a problem with signaling
somehow. It sounds as though you have miss configured the zhone. I'm not
sure how you could have misconfigured it such that you would have
dialtone and connection to the remote side as well.