[Asterisk-Users] AGI dialing??

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Fri Nov 7 13:39:13 MST 2003

Steven Critchfield wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 13:55, WipeOut wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have been playing around with AGI scripting..
>>
>>I have worked out how to initiate a call using "EXEC Dial
>>channel/number" the problem with this is that the script then completes
>>and does not wait for the call to end..
>>
>>Is there an alternate way to dial the call and then when the call is
>>complete return to the sript to move on to what ever you need the script
>>to do next?
>>

>The problem you have is that to get an AGI script going, you have one
>leg of a call, and you are about to DIAL a second leg. Asterisk connects
>the 2 and leaves the AGI with nothing to work on.

Ok I think I understand, You are saying that the AGI execution is simply
a routine that at a point will pass the caller off when the "Dial" is
executed and Asterisk will bridge the call.. The AGI has no reason to
wait there for the call to end becasue it has done what it was
programmed to do and will simply continue on to the next step in the
script.. is that right?

>If you want to have a call start and be dumped into AGI, then you need
>to use the sample.call file to make the call and hook it up to the AGI
>script.

Not quite sure what you mean here.. you mean that the AGI will be called
from the sample.call file?? how is this different form calling the AGI
from the dial plan?

Later..