[Asterisk-Users] AGI dialing??

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Nov 7 13:18:05 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 13:55, WipeOut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been playing around with AGI scripting..
>
> I have worked out how to initiate a call using "EXEC Dial
> channel/number" the problem with this is that the script then completes
> and does not wait for the call to end..
>
> Is there an alternate way to dial the call and then when the call is
> complete return to the sript to move on to what ever you need the script
> to do next?

The problem you have is that to get an AGI script going, you have one
leg of a call, and you are about to DIAL a second leg. Asterisk connects
the 2 and leaves the AGI with nothing to work on.

If you want to have a call start and be dumped into AGI, then you need
to use the sample.call file to make the call and hook it up to the AGI
script.