[Asterisk-Users] Just getting started

Larry Black wireless at bscn.com
Fri Nov 7 06:09:13 MST 2003

I was wondering what type of production systems are in use at this time
I was thinking about offering this to customers as a addition to the
services I already offer them along with becoming a reseller for one of
the local Clecs here. What type and size of Processor and Memory are
required for say 2 line 4 ext vs. say 4 line 32 extension.

I was thinking on real small systems a AMD Duron 2000 with 256mb ram and
a 40gb hdd and on the larger system as I would need either a lot of pci
slots or a channel bank an AMD XP 2400+ on a MB with 6 pci slots for 4
lines and 8 ext.

What type of Phones do most use as just ext where you have a 4 port FXS
card in the box?

What is available at a decent price for a IP phone that will work with
this system and at what price?

I know this is probably very trivial for most on this list but we all
have to start somewhere.
Thanks for your help

Larry D. Black
CEO