[Asterisk-Users] Another newbie question

brez brez at srmix.com
Mon Nov 3 01:29:42 MST 2003

Thanks Jose/Tom for responding to my Newbie questions. its much clearer
now. anyhow on to the next [unrelated question] here's the use case:

i will need one machine that will answer incoming calls - store the
caller's number [caller ID] and then prompt the caller to answer a
question by using the dialpad [e.g. "please enter your zip code"] and
then store all the information in MySQL [or any persistant storage will do]

what i got so far:
it looks like digium Wildcard X100p will answer the phone and get the
caller's number [caller ID] but my remaining question is: can i have the
caller respond to question [by pressing the dial pad] and can i store
that information [and the caller ID] somewhere? any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks