[Asterisk-Users] Pulsating, Choppy sound using GS..

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Fri Nov 7 02:55:25 MST 2003

Is anyone having sound quality issues with the GS phones when calling
out to the PSTN through a X100P?

Basically I am doing this..

I call out to my cell phone and then with the cell phone to mu ear I
gently blow a constant stream of iar into the mic on the GS phone.. What
I should hear in my ear on the cell phone is a "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh..."
sound.. instead what I hear is a "Shh Shh Shh Shh Shh Shh".. its like
there are gaps in the audio..

When I do the same test with a Snom phone its fine..

So this would say its the phone right?? Maybe not..

When I make a call from the GS to the Snom the quality is fine.. If I do
an echo test from the GS to Asterisk the sound quality is also fine.. So
it look slike it has somthing to do with what happens when the call
heads out into the X100P..

Anyone got any ideas??

Later..