[Asterisk-Users] Huge SIP traffic!!

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Thu Nov 6 14:32:18 MST 2003

Hi,

Has somthing radical happened to the way sip traffic is handled??

I was just doing some testing and where G.711 used to use about 84kb/s
of bandwith its now using between 150kb/s and 190kb/s.. The lowest I
could get it to in the Snom was 160kb/s and 75 packets per second which
was by setting the packet size to 40ms (was 20ms) in the Snom codec setup..

I am running a CVS version from about a month ago so I will update in
the morning and see if it gets back to normal but it might be worth
while to test you systems and make sure you are not hammering your
bandwidth without knowing it..

Later..