[Asterisk-Users] Beginners help

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Thu Nov 6 07:25:18 MST 2003

Rajiv--

I've just went thru something similar myself, setting up 2 FXO's, and a
4port FXS...

>From your included config, your FXO context does not tell asterisk to
answer the phone, therefore, it doesn't. You might try something like
this for your "incoming" context in extensions.conf:

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Zapateller,nocallerid   ;; try to shake off the
                                     ;; post-FTC-DoNoCallList Exceptions
exten => s,3,Background,HowdyThere   ;; A short welcome message?
exten => s,3,Dial,Zap/1
exten => s,4,Voicemail(u1)           ;; And, voicemail if no answer?
exten => s,5,Hangup                  ;; Done
exten => s,104,Voicemail(b1)         ;; Busy -- Voicemail?
exten => s,105,Hangup                ;; Done

Or somesuch. Haven't put the stuff in priority 4-105 in the s extension
yet myself, but theoretically it should work.... Good Luck!

murf