[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Thu Nov 6 01:41:25 MST 2003

Steve Underwood wrote:

> 96% uptime would mean nearly 4 hours per month down. I have never
> experiemced anything that bad using the nastiest crappiest no-name
> server parts..... unless you want to make a point, like some authors
> do. Then you say the hard disk failed and it took a week to get and
> install a new ones, so the downtime was 24x7 hours. In reality, if
> your service support doesn't stock all the important bits for quick
> replacement, it provides no service at all.
>
> I have typically found Linux and even SCO Openserver on x86 servers
> have better up time than the fully redundant machines from Stratus.
> Their hardware may not fall over, but their OS does. When it does it
> takes 1 to 2 hours to reboot.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

Steve,

Like I said this was from memory and so may have been inacurate.. I
probably should have looked it up before hand..

As it turns out it should probably have been 99.6% availablility.. A
quick look on Google came up with the following details..

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/power/en/ps1q02_graham?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz

Sorry for any stress caused..

Later..