[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu Nov 6 00:31:11 MST 2003

HI,

> When I first load the Gui, I get to see directory displayed on the right
> hand (bottom) below RX/X/TX etc info.
You mean first 12 memories..

> Once a number is dialied, this place is used for Volume control but it
would
> be nice to see the same directory all the time so that dialing would be
> easier.
In order to keep the window as small as possible and still have the full
functionality, the form is changed depend on current status.
When you're in a call, you can not dial another number, so this is the
reason that the memories are not available.

> Did you think about keeping the Dial and Hangup buttons as permanent
feature
> instead of switching back and forth? Sometimes, I also see a delete button
> which may not be necessary?
You must take a closer look at the functionality. The two function buttons
depend (again) on the cuirrent status.
They can display DIAL/DELETE, HANGUP/-, REDIAL/-, REJECT/-
When you start enter a number using keypad, after the first digit you et the
DELETE button too, in order to be able to correct the numbet. Each click on
this button deletes the last digit.
When the number is dialed from the memory, DELETE button delete the whole
number.
I cannot imagine something simpler than that...

> Anyway, that is my feedback so far. i will try using some more functions
and
> let you know if I find something strange.
Please check it closer. I still work on the detailed help file which will be
available during the weekend.

> By the way, I had liked the idea of multi-line phone as a drop-down action
> as suggested by someone earlier. Default could be a single line with basic
> features.
In this moment, the phone is very close in functionality with a full
featured single line analog phone (with callerid, callwaiting, callwating
callerid, and so on)
I do not see an imediate reason to have more than one line for a standar
phone.
Do you?

> Keep it up.

I'll do it...

Thanks for your feedback and best regards,
Dan