[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1204

Glenn Dalgliesh asterisk at techhat.com
Wed Nov 5 20:10:31 MST 2003

Although, these directions aren't complete they may help... By default the
box restricts outbound calls the settings below should allow any calls to be
made. Also, watchout for the you need to dial 1 one pit fall. I was send a 1
from asterisk but somewhere in mediatrix it was getting strip I have to add
it back with in the mediatrix.

hope this helps

MediaTrix 1204 4-Port FXO with Asterisk

-Connect a PC that you can change the ip address to 192.168.0.10/24 and the
MediaTrix to a Hub/Switch or

directly together with a crossover cable.

-Set the ip address of the PC to 192.168.0.10/24
-Attempt to ping 192.168.0.1 if successfull skip next step
-In the rear of the 1204 their is a factory reset button power down the unit
and then despress and power up

the unit down for about 10secs. Release and wait about 15secs and then
confirm with the ping again
-Install the Unit Manager Express software that is provided with the unit
and then add the correct MIB
-Open Unit Manager EXpress Select SNMP|Preferences|Version|SNMPv1|ok
 File|open|apaIII_v2_4_10_68.txt (version maybe different this was as of
10/11/2003)
 Check Automatic Get and type in 192.168.0.1 in the remote ip
 then click the lightening bolt
 at the bottom of the screen you should see something indicating SUCCESS
-Now you are ready to start configuring the units ip address info

ios|org|dod|internet|private|enterprises|mediatrix|experimental|products|Voi
pGateway|apaIII|provisionningMib|

interfaceGroup
 interfaceUseDhcp = 0
interfaceStaticGroup
 interfaceStaticPrimDnsIp = <ip of primary dns server>
 interfaceStaticSecDnsIp = <ip of primary dns server>
 interfaceStaticDefaultRouteIp = <ip of default router>
 interfaceStaticSubnetMaskIp = <ip subnet>
 interfaceStaticLocalIp = <ip address of this unit>

gatewayGroup
 gatewayPort1Group
  gatewayPort1PermissionMode = 2
  gatewayPort1RedirectEnable = 1
  gatewayPort1RedirectToAddress = <extention or port number>
  gatewayPort1NetToPstnSourceFilter = <blank>
 gatewayPort2Group
  gatewayPort1PermissionMode = 2
  gatewayPort1RedirectEnable = 1
  gatewayPort1RedirectToAddress = <extention or port number>
  gatewayPort1NetToPstnSourceFilter = <blank>
 gatewayPort3Group
  gatewayPort1PermissionMode = 2
  gatewayPort1RedirectEnable = 1
  gatewayPort1RedirectToAddress = <extention or port number>
  gatewayPort1NetToPstnSourceFilter = <blank>
 gatewayPort4Group
  gatewayPort1PermissionMode = 2
  gatewayPort1RedirectEnable = 1
  gatewayPort1RedirectToAddress = <extention or port number>
  gatewayPort1NetToPstnSourceFilter = <blank>

ios|org|dod|internet|private|enterprises|mediatrix|experimental|products|Voi
pGateway|SignalingProtocols

sipMib|sipUAGroup|sipUAServerGroup|sipUAServerStaticGroup
  sipUAServerStaticRegistrarHost = <IP of SIP server>
  sipUAServerStaticRegistrarPort = <Port 5060>
  sipUAServerStaticProxyHost = <IP of SIP server>
  sipUAServerStaticProxyPort = <Port 5060>
  sipUAServerStaticOutboundProxyHost = <IP of SIP server>
  sipUAServerStaticOutboundProxyPort = <Port 5060>