[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Wed Nov 5 17:41:32 MST 2003

From: Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>

>> and the biggest one I feel is a major problem!
>>
>> 5) Voicemail can not be configured unless you re program it
>> yourself. And is not based on any standards!

>I'm curious as to what you find unconfigurable in Voicemail.  I'm
>also wondering if you have an RFC for voicemail in mind (for
>standardization).

What the major problem is folders and how they work!  Also once you get into the folders the prompts will not play to what to do with them. You have to pick advanced options to know what the other keys do!  You can not move around fast and if you press the wrong key it will undelete the message and it puts it in the old messages folder.  Users then complain that there light is still flashing.  Most other voicemail system if you delete the message it moves to the next!  And you can configure it not to have delete folder and old folders.