[Asterisk-Users] error compiling asterisk

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Wed Nov 5 14:45:13 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 19:11, Don Pobanz wrote:
> I did cvs update on asterisk, zaptel, libpri as of today (November 5,
> 2003). I also did 'make clean' on each of them. My previous version of
> asterisk was cvs of September 15, 2003. No other changes have been made
> to my system other that these updates.
>
> when running
> 'make asterisk'
> the following error appears
>
> term.c:55: conflicting types for `term_color'
> include/asterisk/term.h:47: previous declaration of `term_color'
> term.c:98: conflicting types for `term_prompt'
> include/asterisk/term.h:49: previous declaration of `term_prompt'
> make: *** [term.o] Error 1
> [root at localhost asterisk]#
>
> Can anyone give me a hint of what the problem may be?

The error message says there's a difference between the declaration of
the two items in term.h and term.c

I came across this a couple of weeks ago and made the declarations
consistant, it worked for me but someone else had problems with H323
afterwards. Since then I've moved my asterisk source code aside and
checked out the complete code, there seems to be no problem of
inconsistances with a complete checkout. YMMV

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>