[Asterisk-Users] Outband DTMF on i4l modem

Matthew Enger menger at xi.com.au
Wed Nov 5 00:50:49 MST 2003

Hello,

I am setting up 2 ISDN 4 linux cards and have had great success now that
I have got over the initial problems with : and / characters.

The only problem I am experiencing now is the sending of DTMF tones over
the line to a remote IVR system.

If I dial SIP (Cisco 7905 and 7940) to a number over the line, no DTMF
tones are heard. I dialed my own home phone and tried it, no matter
which button i pressed, no tones came out.

However when I dial voicemail, the buttons work fine.

Is this a problem with asterisk not putting the tones onto i4l?

Thanks,

Matthew Enger <menger at xi.com.au>
Xintegration