[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using * in a live production environment?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 08:38:48 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 15:08, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> I'm not trying to flame you for this message, but this is something that
> is asked about quite often and doesn't exactly prove anything. Just
> because I successfully pulled off an installation doesn't mean you will
> be successful.

No offence taken.  Actually, I agree entirely.

My intent is purely to show management that * is something worth
allocating my time to research further, and not just some uber-geek
project that's "fun, but of no commercial value."

> Maybe what needs to happen to keep this question from coming up over and
> over again would be to get this on the wiki. Someone want to create the
> page and then post the link to that specific page to be filled in?

Putting these on the Wiki isn't a bad idea, and is something I
considered, but given the number of problems that people seem to have
with it (e.g. it works fine, but is dead-slow from here...), and that
e-mail reply takes fewer brain-cycles than registering for an acct, and
formatting a Wiki posting, etc.

People are doing the community a favour of providing the information, so
it's in everyone's interests to make it as painless a process as
possible.

Cheers,
Gavin.