[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using * in a live production environment?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 4 08:08:40 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 03:48, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> Hullo again, all :)
>
> If you're using * to run telephony in a real business environment, can I
> trouble you to write a short paragraph about the setup, and how you've
> found the migration / daily use?
>
> I'm simply trying to add weight to the business case for new * installs,
> especially for those who have a very conservative management structure.
>
> Like I say, I'm not looking for a case study, just a few lines to try
> and get a grip on the number of real installations.

I'm not trying to flame you for this message, but this is something that
is asked about quite often and doesn't exactly prove anything. Just
because I successfully pulled off an installation doesn't mean you will
be successful. There is obviously working systems out here otherwise
there wouldn't be this much traffic on this list.

Maybe what needs to happen to keep this question from coming up over and
over again would be to get this on the wiki. Someone want to create the
page and then post the link to that specific page to be filled in?