[Asterisk-Users] SwissVoice MGCP IP10S

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Nov 4 05:52:37 MST 2003

Hi!

> BTW is there some known issue with context keyword in chan_mgcp?

For the sake of documentation:

chan_mgcp doesn't reload configs on 'reload'
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000268

Since that bug has been resting there for some time now it might be good
if anyone else that has made the same experience would add a comment to
that bug to increase its weight...?!

Secondly a question: From the two sources I come to understand that is
*is* possible to run an MGCP phone behind NAT (opposed to what Florian
stated earlier on this list)? My order of an ip10s is going out today,
but maybe some of you MGCP folks can give this a try already now and
report back?

Finally I think someone should open a tiny bug note for a better sample
mgcp.conf that comes with * - what do you think?

Thanks, Philipp

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000129
add the option to prevent native bridge - canreinvite
sometime I need to prevent to create native bridge in chan_mgcp

[Quote from an archived message on this list:]
After spending some time trying to get a DG-104S working behind NAT,
I finally found the problem.

I made the incorrect assumption that nat=yes in mgcp.conf works just
like sip.conf.  The channels within a gateway are treated more closely
to zap channels than sip channels (from a .conf standpoint).

What this means is that you have to put nat=yes BEFORE any
subchannel definitions:

This works:

nat=yes
line => aaln/1
line => aaln/2
line => aaln/3
line => aaln/4

This doesn't:

line => aaln/1
line => aaln/2
line => aaln/3
line => aaln/4
nat=yes

This makes sense if lines were treated as individual channels through
NAT, but they aren't.  NAT capability is dictated by the Gateway itself, and
not each endpoint/subchannel.

I hope this saves somebody some time.