[Asterisk-Users] new voicemail notification by calling #?

john lawler maillist at tgice.com
Mon Nov 3 16:18:12 MST 2003

Hi guys,

This is a two part question about the Voicemail application:

Firstly, is there a way built in to the current app which would allow me
to have Asterisk call a phone number everytime a certain mailbox
receives a new voicemail?  I know about the email and pager
notifications that are already built in to voicemail.conf, and I've used
those but also have a need to do what I describe above.  I suppose I
could write some AGI, etc. to initiate the call manually (I've got some
learning to do there, yet), but I just wanted to make sure that this
kind of thing isn't already done in the app.

Also, I've noticed that when using Voicemail2, recorded wav files that
are then mailed to users seem to have a noticably lower volume (only on
calls that have come in from the outside) than they did under Voicemail,
the original app.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there a place to
configure the volume of the recording (which seems normal when I listen
to it directly through asterisk (on a handset)) other than fiddling w/
the gain on my FXO card?

Thanks,

John Lawler