[Asterisk-Users] Aastra 480 ADSI keypad problem

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Mon Nov 3 16:06:28 MST 2003

Paul Crick wrote:

> It's more of an ADSI/Voicemail problem than phone specific I think? Or is it
> only affecting the 480s? I know I had a problem a while back with having the
> phone lock up and keypad become unresponsive, but with a newer version of
> Asterisk the problem went away.

Since I'm only testing the 480, I'm not sure about other models.

I talked with Aastra today and of coarse I got the answer I expected,
"We don't have anything to do with the ADSI programming", but the
support (level 1) guy led me to believe that once you start using
the any ADSI program that the keys on the phone become disabled?
Well, that's what he told me anyway.
I'm waiting for a Aastra "senior" engineer to get back to me on another
issue with the phone, so I'm going to bend his ear and try to find out
more.
This is a really nice phone and would hate to disable the ADSI features
because they don't work properly.