[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 3 12:04:15 MST 2003

> I was willing to give vb a chance at one time, but won't touch it any
> more.

I am not defending VB.  I won't touch it either (I use XWT for all my
cross-platform user interface type stuff, any web monkey can be proficient
in it in a very short time) -- I am defending Dan's work in actually
producing an app, no matter how simple, that can be used as a starting
point.  The man put some effort into something and actually _has_ product
and you get snide remarks about what he did it in...  Wankers.

> you have to end up asking yourself, is it still vb after I replace all
> the parts with c to get it to do what I want ? if the answer is more than
> 50%, why start with vb in the first place ?

Agreed.  But Dan created what I would consider a "proof of concept"
application -- why'd he get blasted on that?  I don't see anyone else
stepping up and showing anything THEY'VE put forth.

Like I said, I won't touch VB either, but Dan's actually gone and done
something instead of pissing and moaning about the language that was used.

If you're interested: www.xwt.org -- It's not my baby but I love the
technology.

Andrew