[Asterisk-Users] Where can i get the g.723 codec?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 08:39:00 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 15:14, Eric Wieling wrote:
> Licensing info for the G723.1 codec, direct from the holding company
> that licenses the codec.
>
> http://www.dspg.com/technology/LicensePricing.html

>From what I remember when I looked into this about a year ago, this
isn't even the end of it, since whilst DSPG represent /most/ of the IP
holders on the codec, there are still others, and if you want to be
completely sure of being legally in the clear, then you must reach
seperate licensing arrangements with them....

If only some of the hard-phones would use Speex or similar, then all
these problems would Go Away, and the production costs for the phones
could drop, giving the manufr. the same amount of margin, but at a lower
market cost.

Cheers,
Gavin.