[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk behind LinkSys NAT Routing

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 3 05:13:41 MST 2003

WipeOut wrote:

> Shoval Tom wrote:
>
>> And how will all us newbies make the linux box as secure as possible?
>>

> The quickest way is to setup an IPTABLES firewall.. You will need ports
> 5060 and 10000 to 20000 open for a default Asterisk install using SIP
> only..

Visit the Wiki page
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+security
where you'll find some information about security in Asterisk. (And some
missing pages, which I invite other mailing list readers to write!)

There's a pointer on that page to a page with a suggested IPTABLES setup.
And, as WipeOut stated, make sure you are aware of what you're doing
when managing IPTABLES. Of course, no one else than Wipeout have locked
himself from the system, no way, we're pro's ;-) hrmm....

Regards,
/Olle