[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Sun Nov 2 23:30:18 MST 2003

Hi Mark,

> There is no requirement that you GPL or LGPL your code (other than the
> requirements that you publish changes to iax-client and/or libiax.
There is no change in the libiax for the moment. My DLL is just used to
export the functions from the library to the main application.

> However, if you elect to GPL your software, you can get assistance from
> other people around the net.  In addition, since this is such an important
> project, I'm willing to personally any assistance you may need with
> regards to IAX/IAX2 if you're going to GPL or LGPL your final product.
I know that and I will think about it

> As a side note, I strongly would like to see someone implement a client
> using libiax2 which implements IAX2 instead of the (now obsolescent) IAX
> version 1.
I really want to do it. They are a lot of things to be added in the library
if I want to increase the low level functionality of my application. There
is a libiax2 library for Windows available somewhere or I must build it
myself based on libiax??

Thanks a lot,
Dan