[Asterisk-Users] New IAX software phone (for WIndows platform)

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Nov 2 17:25:32 MST 2003

> As the library is under LGPL  (is not true?), I intend to keep this
> application as a freeware only...
> I want to add new features, but for one of them I need new functions
> implemented in the library (like multiple codecs support, message waiting
> indicator, conferencing, etc.).

There is no requirement that you GPL or LGPL your code (other than the
requirements that you publish changes to iax-client and/or libiax.
However, if you elect to GPL your software, you can get assistance from
other people around the net.  In addition, since this is such an important
project, I'm willing to personally any assistance you may need with
regards to IAX/IAX2 if you're going to GPL or LGPL your final product.

As a side note, I strongly would like to see someone implement a client
using libiax2 which implements IAX2 instead of the (now obsolescent) IAX
version 1.

Mark