[Asterisk-Users] msn messenger

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Sun Nov 2 18:24:06 MST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 09:35:26AM +0100, Florian Overkamp wrote:
> At 01:43 1-11-2003 +0300, you wrote:
>
> >Is msn messenger capable of using asterisk as it's gateway?
>
> Yes, provided you are using MSN 4.7, and not 5.0 or higher. Configure the
> Communications Service under the Options/Accounts pane.

I'm not sure either way with MSN Messenger, but Windows Messenger (slightly different - same servers - no adds) which
comes with XP does, there is a registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER->software->messenger_service->corpPC2phone)
which you need to change to '1' to get the "make a phone call" link down the bottom of the window.

Maybe there is a Wiki article about setting up softphones?

cheers,
Woody