[Asterisk-Users] SwissVoice MGCP IP10S

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Sat Nov 1 01:44:06 MST 2003

Hi,

At 05:03 30-10-2003 +0300, you wrote:
>>== Registered channel type 'MGCP' (Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP))
>>    -- MGCP Auditing endpoint aaln/1 at ip10 for hookstate
>>[chan_iax2.so]NOTICE[163851]: File chan_mgcp.c, Line 1099
>>(find_subchannel): Gateway '192.168.0.5' (and thus its endpoint 'aaln/1')
>>does not exist
>>    -- Setting hookstate of aaln/1 at ip10 to ONHOOK
>>
>your device is not registered on * , [] name in mgcp.conf must be exactly
>as gw name
>in your case you have configured gw-name as  'ip10' in mgcp.conf but on
>your device it is '[192.168.0.5]'
>change it on device to ip10 or in * to [[192.168.0.5]]

Actually, if we are talking about swissvoice phones then I must say I have
not needed this. By the way, the exact gateway name is 192.168.0.5, without
brackets (see log above).

So this still does not explain why its not talking. I get the idea Asterisk
is simply not writing anything back on the port to respond to the request.
Are you up to date with CVS code ? Could you try and TCPDUMP to see what is
communicated between Asterisk and the phone ?

Florian