[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Questions

brez brez at srmix.com
Sun Nov 2 18:03:02 MST 2003

hello,

I am completely new to things but was wondering if some one could steer
me in the right direction [i.e. i was volunteered to get a PBX running
with little or knowledge] good news is, i got a lot of experience with
open source / linux / etc. anyhow. we have 4 lines coming in and need 16
extensions. we have the PC and the 16 analog phones. the question is
what type of hardware will i need? i.e. modem, a phone 'hub' [or
whatever it is called for pluggin all the phone lines into] - basically
a small office environment. if any of you using asterisk in a similar
environment could spell out exactly what hardware youre using [and
perhaps where to buy it] for your office, i would really appreciate the
help.

thanks.