[Asterisk-Users] Quick Question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Nov 2 08:36:24 MST 2003

> > > Netfinity 4000R
> > > prefer not to go
> >
> >I recall in the archives somewhere, and through someone's post earlier
> >today, that there is some sort of problem with RH9 with Zaptel (hardware)
> >drivers and that RH8 is preferred.
>
> Do you recall what kind of problem? The only problem I have is an annoying
> echo that I haven't yet gotten rid of.

There is no problem with RH9 and Zaptel drivers at this time. There might
have been months ago when v9 first appeared on the scene, but all is well
now. Ours have been running fine and stable for months with Zaptel. :)

FWIW, each RH version from 7.0 to current has improved the video detection
and support drivers (and thus X11 stuff) as have other linux distros. If
the Netfinity 4000R can support 800x600 or better resolution, there is a
high probability the v9 X11 stuff will work; might take some playing
around substituting drivers though. We even have one new $350 Emachine
with a Celeron (very cheap) and RH9 working just fine with asterisk, as
well as a higher-end Dell 1-ghz laptop.