[Asterisk-Users] RH9 or RH8?

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Sun Nov 2 08:36:23 MST 2003

> > > Netfinity 4000R
> > > prefer not to go
> >
> >I recall in the archives somewhere, and through someone's
> post earlier
> >today, that there is some sort of problem with RH9 with
> Zaptel (hardware)
> >drivers and that RH8 is preferred.
>
> Do you recall what kind of problem? The only problem I have
> is an annoying
> echo that I haven't yet gotten rid of.

Quoted from Paul Cheng, at 5 pm yesterday:

"I can also confirm chan_h323 and g.729 work well to 5300s, but we had
to build on RH8 not RH9. Haven't tried 5300 to Asterisk except via SIP
which works fine--even to i4l interfaces."

Quoted from Dustin Wildes, Wed 2003-10-29 10:07:

"All of the setup is running on RedHat 8.0 - no other router or CSU is
needed.
Don't use RedHat 9.0 yet in this setup since the ZAPTEL_NETWORK flag will
not compile with the new implementation of HDLC in the kernel."  -- when
discussing T1 card with voice and data transitting on it.

Other than that, RH9 is fine.

Ray Burkholder
ray at oneunified.net
http://www.oneunified.net
704 576 5101

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.