[Asterisk-Users] which TDM to use? DID line from telco with no dial tone and no voltage

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Nov 1 23:44:38 MST 2003

Hi Patrick,

You are in the UK, right (at least DDI strongly suggests that)? This is
the commonest signalling for a DDI line on an analogue pair. The line is
behaving just like the main exchange is a telephone. It picks up the
line, by applying a 600ohm loop, and dials (with pulses per second or
DTMF)  into your PBX. Your PBX port is behaving like it is a public
exchange, with a phone attached.

Electrically, Digium's FXS card should do the job you need, but others
will have to tell you whether * has the software features needed to make
this work (it should certainly be pretty close).

Regards,
Steve