[Asterisk-Users] CAC ADIT600 / T400 config

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Sat May 31 21:34:31 MST 2003

>> But now i dont get any dial tone when i pick up a hand set, the adit 600
>> recognizes the off hook & goes amber but * does not see it off hook
>> And it has registered the channels
>>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
>>     -- Registered channel 1, FXO Kewlstart signalling
>>
>I think you may have fxs and fxo reversed.  \
Nope, I think maybe there is a misunderstanding of my config
I have 3x8 port FXS Cards slots 1,2,3 and 3x8 port fxo cards slots 4-6,
what i show above is the signaling to channel 1 on the first fxs card
so i am signaling using fxo kewlstart

>for the channels bound to
>the fxo-8 boards, asterisk has to be set to fxs signalling, and vice
>versa.  asterisk needs to be told what signalling to PUT on the line, as
>opposed to the signalling the adits expect to GET from the line.
Got that right :)
>I have 1 fxo-8 board (for the inbound pots lines) and 5 fxs-8 boards (for
the
>phones), and asterisk has channels 1-8 fxsks and 9-24 fxoks.
Sure if your using span 1 from the frist t400 card in *
and you are only using the first 3 service slots on interface T1-1,
with 1 fxo, & 2 fxs card.
If you have 6 slots used then you have a possible 48 channels
on the ADIT 600, the first 24 are on interface T1-1 and rest on T1-2.
The  break out is slots 1-3 are channels 1-24, and
slots 4-6 are channels 25-48.
> >>After mucking around with it a bit, I was able to get it to sync with
the
> >>channel bank as the clock source for the line:
> >>jsci-cbank1> show clock
> >> Primary Master Transmit Clock Source:    Internal
> >>  Secondary Transmit Clock Source:         Slot A DS1 2
> So this means you  have the adit supplying timing to asterisk t1 spans
> so your zaptel looks like this
> span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
> span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
> span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs
> span=4,0,0,esf,b8zs
> fxoks=1-24

OK my understanding here is that
"Primary Master Transmit Clock Source:    Internal"
means that the primary timing source for the channel bank is its own
internal clock therefore
asterisk should *NOT* be the Primary Timing source for this span because the
ADIT 600
is already the Primary Timing Source from its own internal clock, so  timing
on this span
as specified in zaptel.conf should not  be Primary or Secondary
thus span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs *NOT* span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs

Anyone else please pipe up here that knows this stuff cold :)

Thxs that quite old that version of  1.5 mine is 3.01
hmm that config is mostly similar,
think i am gonna conclude I have a completely DOA t400