[Asterisk-Users] Whitenoise on TDM400p

Fri May 30 22:31:41 MST 2003

> I've seen exactly two people with this problem and it seems to be related
> to the system that it's running in, although I don't know if it's power
> supply, motherboard, or peripheral related, but somehow noise on the
> system power supply creeps into the system.  On the systems that had
> trouble, we found the noise was greatly improved by doing:
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null &
>
> which basically spins the processor and keeps it from idling.  I'd like to
> hear from you off-list about this experience.

Could there be problems with noise on the line if you use a single CAT5
cable to carry all 4 phone lines? That is what I have done (just attach 4
rj-11 on each end) and while 2 of the lines seem fine, one seems to have a
fairly loud 'buzzing' sound...

Is that 'white noise' or is buzzing something different? Would/Should I use
4 separate cables, or do I just need to redo some of the wiring to solve the
problem?

Regards,
Adam