[Asterisk-Users] Whitenoise on TDM400p

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri May 30 15:37:29 MST 2003

I've seen exactly two people with this problem and it seems to be related
to the system that it's running in, although I don't know if it's power
supply, motherboard, or peripheral related, but somehow noise on the
system power supply creeps into the system.  On the systems that had
trouble, we found the noise was greatly improved by doing:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null &

which basically spins the processor and keeps it from idling.  I'd like to
hear from you off-list about this experience.

Mark